By having resources available online it means that my learners can access the material anywhere anytime not just in the traditional 9 - 3pm class time.
Listen to +Fiona Grant, +Juanita Garden and I talk about the Connected + digital series which are available free through the TKI: Literacy Online site.
The main things I love about Connected+ are as follows
- Accessibility - Embed presentation in blogs or sites, learners can re-read any where any time
- Audio versions included - great for our ESL and below standard readers to access content for their curriculum level
- Includes video's to give further information on related topics
- Includes interactive diagrams
- Includes links to further learning - children's or teacher's independent research
- All text images and digital content downloadable - free educational re-use with attribution (Creative Commons licence)
- Available in PDF
- Teacher Support Material [TSM] available in word format - edit direct into your planning.
- Curriculum approved - relevant and multi-modal learning opportunities
This blogpost relates to RTC 1.i; 4.ii; 5.i; 6.ii