Friday 22 March 2019

Tairawhiti DFI Day 4

I've talked about the concept of ako several times, and today was certainly a day of that. As we were exploring blogs, google forms, my maps, and google sheets we were finding all sorts of tips and tricks and insights. As the confidence of the group progresses and the willingness to share grows we're finding that we're all able to contribute to the group. 
For example when using mymaps I was looking for the share button in the top right corner, as is with most google suite (forms, sheets, docs etc). Of course I couldn't find it there, meanwhile one of the group was busy sharing and showed me it's actually positioned on the left under the title of the map. 

Another tip I learned today was about embedding a chart from googlesheets, rather than going into File--> publish to web and then selecting the sheet, and subsequent chart, you can instead select the three dots in the top right of the chart and select publish chart. This is a much faster and easier way to embed the particular chart you want. Also by selecting 'interactive' rather than image, it becomes an interactive chart which when you hover over a bar the data appears, and if you were to update the google sheet, the embedded graph would also update. 


Today's learning also looked at google forms, and the ability to import data from a sheet, into mymaps. As always check our cohorts blogs and see what we've all been learn, create and sharing. 



2 comments:

  1. Great to see you in action at the DFI and that you are still "living the learn". I think it really helps that you can relate practical experience and are walking the talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, It was great to see you again too. I must admit, I am really enjoying sharing my experience with others,and spreading the impact further than my own cohort of tamariki.

      Delete